Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 2: The Passion of the Administrator

This week, I read about the 9 passions that drive our journey as administrators, and again, I was blown away by the sheer amount of "stuff" on which an administrator must focus.  The 9 passions are:
1. Staff Development
2. Curriculum Development
3. Individual Teachers
4. Indivdual Students
5. School Culture / Community
6. Leadership
7. Management
8. School Performance
9. Social Justice

How on earth do administrators know where to start?  No wonder they are seen as always putting out fires; it seems like there are too many plates to spin.  Don't get me wrong, these plates are all exciting ones, but I'm concerned that I won't know exactly how to juggle all of these.  Looks like I have lots to learn...

2 comments:

  1. Remember what Dr. Lewis said in the videos we watched this week. It has to be practical and applicable to your school. For me, I looked at what STAAR score was the lowest and wanted to find ways that we can do better this year. My principal loved the idea and now I am the 4th grade writing teacher so I will get all the data that I need!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I'm looking forward to hearing about your work - I teach 8th grade ELAR. No writing test, but I used to teach exit-level TAKS. I definitely know what you're up against. :)

    ReplyDelete